This is, at least initially, being written primarily to support the move of my blog (http://codecube.net) off of Wordpress. However this tool could be generalized into a more broadly useful tool given time and attention :)
In the meantime, it can be easily customized.
- The content model is driven by a WordPress export file (content.xml)
- Program.GetContent loads the file and uses linq-to-xml to build a list of post objects that serve as the model.
- Program.BuildSite drives the creation of files. In the current iteration of this app, it's just an index page, and a list of posts.
- The content templates use Razor syntax and are stored in /Templates folder.
- Any non-template content such as images and css can be put in the /out folder. Just make sure you set the file properties to "copy if newer".